The Shop Small Guide To Christmas
Shopping small means supporting real families! Let's keep a dream alive this Christmas.
2020 has seen the collapse of small business dreams. 2020 has also seen the birth of new business ventures. One of my favorite local coffee shops opened safely mid-pandemic and they haven't slowed down since.
Amazon and other big businesses have been killing it, shipping everything right to our front doors. But what about the small creatives all over who are working towards their dreams and desiring to love their families well? Funds for ballet lessons for someone's daughter and a spot on the t-ball team for someone's son, food on the table for a hardworking family, and college savings. Friend, what else would you want to support? If we can shop small for some gifts this season, I reckon we do it with willing and grateful hearts. Below you'll find a sweet little list of the small business finds I have acquired over the past several months. Small creatives who are crushing it. Would you join me in giving them a cyber high five and supporting them this Christmas?
For the coffee lover:
1. Resident Coffee Roasters binds together two of my favorite things, excellent branding and superb coffee. Their goal is to bring incredible coffee to the people of Gainesville from all over the world and to share their stories. Started by my friend Gabe and his friend Noe during the pandemic, I can't imagine a better coffee biz to support this Christmas. If you don't believe me that their brand is authentic and on point, check them out for yourself.
2. East Pole Coffee is my favorite coffee in the USA. On my first and only time at Passion Conference in Atlanta, East Pole was my coffee spot of choice. I am anxiously awaiting my next trip near ATL so I can stop in and sip on all its goodness. East Pole's Traffic roast is my most beloved coffee to buy online and if I was rich and boujie I'd buy it every time I ran out of joe. Shop the Traffic roast here, your coffee snob friend is sure to love it, scouts honor. They describe Traffic as approachable, easy to drink, full-bodied, and sweet, aka everything I adore. Shop their cute coffee merch here, especially if they have a heart for Atlanta.
For the cozy queen:
1. Shoplpc (Little Pine Co.) has the CUTEST lounge pullovers and shirts at phenomenal prices. Check out my favorite Gildan sweatshirt here and her options for choosing your color and design. If your pal loves to rock unique clothes with cute and quirky quotes, Shoplpc is for them. From sweatshirts that say "Treat people with kindness," and shirts that say "Bring me an iced coffee," you'll surely find a saying that matches your friends distinctive personality. Unique gifts are the best, am I right?!
2. Willow + Co. is one of my favorite small businesses on Etsy and Instagram. The small shop owner, Hannah, exclaims that her mission is to have hand-lettered pieces inspire and bring hope. Along with adorable stickers, cute tees, customizable hand-lettered pieces, and other adorable goodies, Hannah has cute glass mugs! Shop Willow + Co's "Homebody" mug here and her "Let's stay home" mug here.
For the art seeker, print collector, and lover of color:
1. My girl Lizzie Letters on Instagram has such cute stickers and prints that all aim to point to the truth of Scripture. If you're looking to gift your friend wall art or laptop stickers to point them back to the Gospel, Lizzie Letters has you covered. Check out her "Wait for the Lord" print here. Follow Lizzie on Instagram for encouraging iPhone backgrounds and more.
2. The Bold Color Co. is someone and something I will rave about until I turn blue in the face. Ashleigh, the small biz operator, loves Jesus big, is so kind, and makes adorable goodies. Ashleigh gifted Scouting Grace a handmade rainbow keychain for my first ever giveaway and has encouraged me on my blogging journey every step of the way. The latest Bold Color Co. purchase I stumbled upon are her cute handmade macrame rainbow earrings. Y'all I am floored by her handy work. If your gal pal isn't a color fanatic, you can customize and gift the cutest neutral rainbow earrings money can buy. All while supporting a small business.
3. Calling all stationary lovers! Goodness Grace Design has cute cute cute notepads and daily planners. Equip your friend to plan her meals, track her to-do list, reflect on what she's grateful for, and crush her goals with this adorbs butterfly daily planner. Is your gal pal more of a Bible verse sticky-note writing sister? If so, this notepad may suite her fancy. Work from home just got so much better this Christmas thanks to Goodness Grace Design.
For the theologian:
1. R. C. Sproul said it best, everyone is a theologian. Equip your friend to study God's word with beautiful Bible study resources from the Daily Grace Co. The Daily Grace Co. just released the Bible Study Handbook. This resource is fit to help your gal approach the Bible with ease. They describe this resource like this:
"... includes background and contextual information for every book of the Bible, including literary genre, historical context, purpose, themes, and more. The handbook is complete with summaries of every book of the Bible, maps, and other beautiful graphics and illustrations to enhance your understanding of Scripture."
There's also a theologian shirt that I may or may not be screaming over. Add to cart.
2. Ben got me the newest "Give Me Jesus" journal from Well Watered Women for my 24th birthday and I have been loving every gut-wrenching, soul-stirring minute I have spent in the Word since. You can shop the journal designed specifically for quiet time with God here. There are two pages for study notes per quiet time, a space to reflect on what was learned about God and action steps to live out what was learned, a space to record where and when the quiet time took place, a space to record gratitude, and more. It's a great resource for someone who would like to have a plan for what their quiet time looks like.
3. To be a good theologian, there must be Scripture. Olive Leaf + Co. sells the cutest hand-painted and custom Bibles. In 2019, I switched over from my hand-painted Bible to my She Reads Truth CSB Bible, and if you're in my social circles, you probably know how much I miss my customized Bible. Check out Olive Leaf + Co. here and see all that she is capable of creating to encourage stumbling saints in their walk. If you're looking to gift someone something super special and give the gift of Scripture, look no further.
For the mental health advocate:
1. Twenty Seven is the maker of all things yellow, colorful, hopeful, and amazing. Twenty Seven also advocates for mental health in the least abrasive way I've ever witnessed. For cutie goods and to support small business this Christmas, seek no further than Twenty Seven. They even create and brew their own flavors of tea... Yup, I said it. Tea! And if this gift guide isn't enough for your liking, Twenty Seven even features their own gift guides on their website. We love to see it.
For the mama or mama-to-be:
1. Know someone who loves being a mama? It's the mama glow for me! Check out Isla and Skye for the cutest mama gear on the planet. Oh, and baby gear that's just as cute. Isla and Skye's "I am a mother" shirt and sweatshirt collection is adorable. I hope my sisters want new shirts, because this is likely what they'll be receiving from me. Inspire the mamas in your life by gifting them cute lil' mama shirts
2. Keep the mamas in your life hydrated by gifting them this adorable mama cup from Willow + Co. I've already raved about Hannah in this gift guide, but I couldn't have a mama section without mentioning this super cute tumbler that holds 16 ounces of h2o! Ps. Hannah and her cutie small shop has other mama and baby goodies, too!
For the hospitable evangelist:
1. Is your friend the person whose love for Jesus oozes out of them and there is a lightness to their presence because of the Spirit at work in them? They're always telling someone about Jesus or inviting someone into their home? If so, check out the Biblical Creative. This gal is the most Reformation-minded creator I've seen to date. She has the cutest stickers and notebooks with quotes from people like Charles Spurgeon and John Calvin. My favorite thing from the Biblical Creative are her Gospel Tracts. Some gospel tracts can be soft and fluffy even though Scripture is sharp and bold. That's why I love her tracts, because they stick to the truths of Scripture while making the message platform aesthetically pleasing. Insert all the heart eyes.
2. 2020 has impressed upon us the commands of Scripture to love our neighbor. We are commanded to, but how often do we need a reminder to tangibly do so? That's why I love Bailey T. Hurley's "Love Your Neighbor" sweatshirt. If your friend is the epitome of Jesus's kindness to others, this sweatshirt is for them. Let's strive to call out the good in our loved ones this holiday season and remind them to keep running the race with endurance.
So if you're like me, and you haven't started Christmas shopping yet, I hope this list is a welcoming treat for you this season. Who knows, maybe we will even get lucky and strike some Black Friday sales?
From my heart to yours, happy Thanksgiving. Thank you for walking with me as I follow Jesus and seek to support small creatives.